Managing Volatility – Downside Protection
2016 has witnessed a tumultuous start to investing, with stock prices slumping globally. Even though markets subsequently bounced back, events like this cause investors to continue to turn their attention to managing volatility.
And this is something that we are particularly keen to manage in our multi-asset portfolios.
In this video, Senior Portfolio Manager David Vickers explains:
- What has he done to protect his portfolios from the downside:
- Diversified into a range of more defensive investments
- Embedded portfolio insurance
- Sold physical equities and allocated to cash and US Treasuries
- What value has been made
- Looking forward, what is he planning to do